Thursday 5 January 2012

Welcome to Fleeting Films

Welcome to Fleeting Films. Created by myself, an avid watcher of short films, Fleeting Films has been made with the intention of increasing the knowledge of those films that never reached the public eye. 


Film makers that direct short films can afford to take higher risks and benefit from larger freedoms than those who make feature length pictures.   This means that many short films often tackle subjects that longer films do not.  The downside of this is that many short films have to rely solely on art house exhibitions, film festivals, the web or word of mouth.   Such restraints mean that it is hard for many short film makers to get adequate funding, and so many go unrecognised. 

This is a shame, since some short films are very well known indeed, such as the now popular extras on Pixar's DVDs.  Every Pixar film has a short attached to it, usally on DVD and in the cinema before the main feature is shown.  Other big names have also become attached to short films, like Tim Burton and even companies like BMW.  

Many short films fall under the radar for most people, some sorts only hit a festival or two and then end up on You Tube or worse, floating in a film limbo somewhere never to be seen again.  This is why I feel it necessary to share my passion with any who care to view this site.
My main aim of this blog is to catalogue a list of short films I have seen with a brief summary of the plot.  I will also provide a small input from myself in the form of my reflection.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment